Car Accidents and Turnpikes
Many drivers depend on turnpikes to get them where they need to go. When a car accident happens it can cause devastating injuries. A car accident lawyer can help injured drivers or passengers get financially compensated for their injuries.
Car accidents and turnpikes are a concern for many drivers in Sugar Land, TX, Katy, TX, and Richmond, TX. At Reed & Terry, L.L.P., our attorneys provide representation for car accident victims to help them obtain the maximum settlement for their injuries. If you have been injured in a car accident, we welcome you to contact our attorneys today.
What Is a Turnpike?
A turnpike is a type of road where drivers must pay a fee to be able to access and drive on it. Turnpikes are also called “toll roads.” Fees, or tolls, are usually used to pay for road repairs and maintenance.
Turnpikes can be found throughout Texas and include expressways such as the Grand Parkway and the President George Bush Turnpike.
Causes of Car Accidents on Turnpikes
Besides the fees, turnpikes are just like any other road or expressway. Accidents can happen at any time and for many reasons. Some possible causes of car accidents on turnpikes include:
- Poor weather conditions: Poor weather can make driving conditions dangerous on turnpikes. Weather conditions including fog, icy roads, and rain can make it difficult for drivers to see or make the roads slippery, which can increase the risk of accidents.
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving happens when a driver takes their focus off of driving, even just for a few seconds. When a driver is distracted, they may not see hazards or other vehicles in front of them and are more likely to be involved in an accident.
- Speeding: Speeding is dangerous, especially on busy turnpikes. When drivers speed, they may have difficulty stopping in time or avoiding other drivers.
- Unsafe lane changes: When drivers make unsafe lane changes on a turnpike they may side swipe another vehicle and cause a serious accident.
- Confusing entrances and exits: Accidents can happen when entrances and exits for turnpikes are confusing or have poor signage. For example, if a driver realizes they’re about to get on a turnpike and they don’t want to, they may make a sudden lane change that could cause an accident.
Recovering Compensation for Injuries
Those who have been injured in a turnpike accident may be able to recover financial compensation for their injuries and other damages. A car accident attorney can gather evidence to support an injury claim and help increase the amount of money awarded in a settlement.
If you have been injured in a car accident on a turnpike you may be able to recover compensation for:
- Medical bills and expenses
- Lost wages
- Property damage to your vehicle
- Pain and suffering
Contact the Attorneys of Reed & Terry, L.L.P.
At Reed & Terry, L.L.P., our attorneys offer free consultations to help accident victims understand how we can help in their injury claim. Call our law firm at (281) 201-0988 to schedule your consultation.